"For a year and a half, Silver Lake Farms took care of the raised beds in the Natural History Museum’s edible garden. In addition to planting, maintaining, and harvesting produce, Tara and her team also proposed and designed fun, educational themes for each bed that museum staff could easily interpret for our diverse audience. Her knowledgeable team generously shared their enthusiasm and expertise with visitors while tending the garden." - Carol Bornstein Director of the Nature Gardens, Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County.
ORGANIC GARDEN CARE
A FULL SERVICE FOR ORGANIC GARDENS
For more than 10 years, Silver Lake Farms has designed, installed and maintained edible and ornamental gardens throughout Los Angeles. We create healthy productive spaces with gorgeous textures, vibrant colors, and loamy soils.
We offer a wide array of services:
- Garden Consultation
- Vegetable/Flower Garden Design & Installation
- Conversion to Drip Irrigation Systems
- Garden Maintenance – weekly, monthly, seasonal
- Harvesting & Preserving
- Drought-Tolerant Landscaping
- Lawn Conversions
- Soil Enhancement
- Compost System Design & Maintenance
We apply our extensive experience in small-scale commercial farming, horticulture, soil biology, and fine gardening to create edible spaces that function beautifully for homes, schools, museums and restaurants, while bringing clients and the public the joy of homegrown vegetables, fruit and flowers straight from the garden.
Our drought-tolerant gardens, using California native and Mediterranean climate-loving plants, are as pretty as they are helpful. Our designs help save water, build soil, clean our air, attract pollinators and forge urban habitats. The result is a thriving ecosystem.
- Levi's/MOCA/The Bike Farm
- The Natural History Museum of LA County's Edible Garden
- Patrick and Jillian Dempsey
- Thomas Boyce, Spago's former chef de cuisine
- Kim Boyce, author of Good to the Grain and owner of Bakeshop
- Valley View Elementary School
- Mirman School
- and many more
To find out more or to schedule a consultation, contact Juliah at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form here.